Forrest General Employee of the Year, Stephanie Brown, center, is pictured with Forrest Health Vice President Millie Swan, left, and President/CEO Andy Woodard.
HATTIESBURG, Miss. – (December 18, 2020) Forrest General’s top employee, leadership and physician awards were presented on December 18.
Employees recognized included Forrest General’s We C.A.R.E. Award recipients, honored for upholding the hospital’s We C.A.R.E. values; and the 2020 employee of the year, Stephanie Brown.
Also honored were the winners of the 15th Annual Philip Rogers Award. The award is named for Dr. Philip Rogers, a nephrologist with Hattiesburg Clinic, who dedicated 32 years of his life to serving the people of South Mississippi as a physician, mentor and humanitarian.
The following is a list of those Forrest General staff members and physicians who were honored as winners during the celebration:
Employee of the Year
- Stephanie Brown, BSMT(ASCP), MPH, director, Clinical Laboratory
We C.A.R.E. Awards
- Rachel Spillman, Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech, 9T
- Carolyn Gray, ED Secretary
- Juralyn Speights, CNA 3B
- Ann Collins, Ambassador, Radiation Oncology
We C.A.R.E. Physician Award
- Gregg Anazia, MD, Hattiesburg Clinic Hospitalist
We C.A.R.E. Leadership Award
- Ghina Crocker, Epic Director
Philip Rogers Award Winners
- Leadership: Rambod Rouhbakhsh, MD, Forrest General Hospital Family Medicine Residency Clinic
- Innovator: Mary Assaad, MD, Forrest General ICU
- Mentor: Keith Jones, MD, Neurology
- Advocate Award: Todd Benton, MD, The Pediatric Clinic
- Advocate Award: Shannon Vega, RN, Forrest General Radiology
Employees who have worked at Forrest General for 30, 35, and 40 years were presented with service awards last week for their dedication to the organization.
Service Awards (30 Years)
- Laura L. Baucum, Registration, Sr. Paser-Reg.
- Sharon Bolden-McLaurin, Respiratory Therapy, Unit Secretary
- Deborah L. Bounds, Emergency Services, Pt Care Manager
- Patricia Carter, Patient Financial Services, Insurance Coordinator
- Marsha D. Chambliss, Lab, Technical Asst.
- Doris J. Fontenot, ICU, Unit Secretary
- Glenn D. Graves, Remodeling, Construction Mgr.
- Tammie M. Hinton, Human Resources, Systems Director
- Marian L. Howard, 8T Hospital Care Services, Unit Secretary
- Jimmy R. James, Cath Lab, RN
- Stacey A. James, Surgical Services, RN
- Bridget S. Konieczny, Case Management, Case Manager
- Teresa D. Massengale, Health Information Management, RN Coder
- Melita A. Miller, Patient Care Services-Admin, Exec. Director of Nursing
- Claudia E. Murray, PG-Legacy Unit, RN
- Daphne A. Nix, Cancer Center, Cancer Registrar
- Judith Pierce, OI-Medical Surgery, RN
- Kim Sisson, 6T-Oncology and Neuro, PT Care Coordinator
- Dwayne A. Skaggs, FGH-Storeroom, Receiving Coordinator
- Diane E. Smith, Health Information Management, Clinical Document Spec.
- Harold W. Spiller, Remodeling, Apprentice
- Debra Thomas, HC-Admin & General, Clerk III
- Gina B. Warren, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Tech
- Samuel S. Woods, IT-Infrastructure, Network-Server Services Manager
- Stephanie S. Woods, IT Integration-Analytics, Integration Services Manager
Service Awards (35 Years)
- Tammy L. Franklin, HC Hospice Pharmacy, Pharmacy Tech
- Jamie S. Hughes, IT Administration System Support, Sr. Program Analyst
- Josie W. McKorkle, Case Management, Director
- Mary S. Mihalik, HC Skilled Nursing, Admin. Coordinator
- Valinda H. Murphy, Labor and Delivery, Unit Secretary
- Eula D. Posey, ST-Hospice Care Services, RN, Prof
- Sheila M. Smith, 4FB-Post Partum, Unit Secretary
Service Awards (40 Years)
- Nancy D. Williams, Emergency Department, Tech
- Virginia A. Jones, PG-Administration, Director, Pt Care Svc.
- Arvie P. Fenner, Health Information Management, RN Coder
- Beverly J. Bryant, PG-Specialty Programs, Insurance Coordinator
- Rita K. Ashley, Epic, Team Leader
For more information on Forrest General and its available services, visit forrestgeneral.com.